Apple Pecan MuffinsPrint Category Apples Thematic No thematic Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded Canadian Brick
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1-1/3 cup (325 ml) diced peeled apples (Crispin, Spartan, Idared)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped toasted pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Butter nonstick muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, cheese, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apples and pecans. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sugar and butter. Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan. For a presentation purpose, sprinkle with extra diced apples and chopped toasted pecans. Bake for about 22- 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Tips: If brown sugar is lumpy, pass through a sieve or crumble with finger tips.
Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) of chopped crystallized ginger to dry ingredients.