Bruschetta PizzaPrint Category Pizza Thematic No thematic Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ( 3 ml) dried basil
- 1 12-inch (30 cm) prebaked whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) torn fresh basil leaves
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil and dried basil. Keep 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture in a bowl apart. Spread pizza crust with sauce. Sprinkle tomato mixture over crust and top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚ C). Place pizza directly on the middle rack of the oven. Bake about 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with basil and the rest of the tomato mixture.
Tips: Substitute diced regular tomatoes for the plum tomatoes; place in colander to drain excess liquid. Save on preparation time by using minced garlic available in jars.