Cheese Tart à la provençalePrint Category Pizza Thematic No thematic Source Dairy Goodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 12 ripe Italian plum tomatoes (about 3 lb/1.5 kg), thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 3 baked (12-inch/30 cm) pizza crusts (or plain Italian flat breads)
- 4-1/2 tsp (22 mL) Herbes de Provençe
- 6 cups (1.5 L) shredded Canadian Swiss* cheese
- ground nutmeg, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh basil (or 2 tbsp/30 mL dried basil)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 large pitted black olives, sliced in two
- Place tomato slices in a large colanders, sprinkle with salt and let drain for about 30 minutes. Gently pat tomatoes dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF (225 ºC). Place pizza crusts on a cookie trays or pizza pans, sprinkle each crust with 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) Herbes de Provençe and 2 cups (500 mL) Canadian Swiss cheese. Divide and arrange sliced tomatoes in a circular pattern over the crusts. Season with nutmeg, pepper and basil. Drizzle 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil over each and top each with black olives.
- Bake tarts individually for 6 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is slightly toasted. Broil under grill 2 more minutes. Delicious hot or warm!