Chicken Rice Salad with Orange DressingPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Smucker's Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- lb (500 g) boneless chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) cooked wild rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced green onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) Smucker's® No Sugar Added Orange Fruit and White Concentrated Grape Juice Spread
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pecan halves (optional)
- Cook the chicken breast. Cool and cut in 1/2" (1 cm) strips. In a large bowl, combine chicken, rice, green onions and grapes. Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, mix orange spread, vinegar, orange zest and salt. Pour over chicken mixture and mix well. Serve salad on lettuce lined plates. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
Makes: about 8 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
(Each serving contains 195 calories, 1.2g fat, 0.3g saturated fat, 30.4g carb, 1.9g dietary fibre)
Baking Time: Chicken - 10 minutes
Tips: Try the dressing on a mixed greens salad.
Replace chicken with smoked turkey, ham or cooked shrimp.