You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalter butter, softened
- 1 pkg (80z/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) Robin Hood® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Sun-Maid® Natural Raisins
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Smucker's® Pure Strawberry Jam or No Sugar Added Raspberry Fruit and Concentrated White Grape Juice Spread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- course sugar (optional)
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl on medium speed. Add flour and mix on low speed, just until incorporated. Remove to floured surface and form into ball. Cut into quarters and shape into discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
- Combine raisins, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Roll out 1 disc on lightly floured surface to 11" (28 cm) circle. Spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) of jam over top; sprinkle with ¼ of raisin filling. Cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Roll up each wedge tightly from the outside wide end. Place on prepared baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans 5 minutes. Transfer to racks.
Prep time: 40 minutes, plus chilling time
Makes: 48 rugalachs
Baking Time: 30 minutes (increase 5-10 minutes if baking from frozen)
Freezing: Excellent; baked and unbaked
Tips: Use a pizza cutter or pastry wheel to cut the pie-shaped wedges.