Better than plum saucePrint Category Asian sauce Thematic No thematic Source Smucker's Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Crisco® Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) Smucker's® Pure Apricot Jam
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add chili flakes if desired and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook mixture for 2 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate overnight to allow the sauce to thicken. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Freezing: Not recommended
Tips: This is a great dip for chicken fingers, nuggets and spring rolls.