ESCARGOT AND PARISIAN CARROT DELIGHTPrint Category Seafood Thematic No thematic Source Europe's Best Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 250 ml (1 cup) Europe's Best Carrots "à la Parisienne"
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) white wine
- 220 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 150 g (5 oz) Brie cheese
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) 15% cream
- 4 dozen escargot*(2 tins)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) corn starch
- Defrost frozen carrots in the microwave for four minutes.
- In a pot, melt the butter, add oil and cook garlic and chopped shallots over low heat for approximately three minutes or until golden. Deglaze with white wine. Moisten with the chicken broth and reduce heat to medium for four to five minutes.
- Add the cheese, cut in small pieces, and the 15% cream. Stir and let everything melt. Add escargot and Parisian carrots. Cook for approximately eight minutes over low heat. Slightly thicken mixture with cornstarch mixed with water.
Serve with a crusty French baguette.
*Option: Use shrimp or scallops instead of escargot, but cook only for one minute. Remove from preparation and continue reduction as per instructions.