Exotic papaya and mango crumblePrint Category Various fruits Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) coconut milk
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) ground star anise
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 500 mL/2 cups)
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed (about 500 mL/2 cups)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) unsweetened grated coconut
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) butter, softened
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp.) salt
- Heat oven to 220°C (425°F).In a 23 cm (9 in.) square baking dish, combine coconut milk, half of brown sugar, as well as star anise, papaya and mango. Set aside. Place grated coconut, flour, butter, remaining brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl. Work fat into dry ingredients with fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over fruit until almost completely covered. Bake in middle of oven for 30 to 35 minutes until topping is golden. Serve with vanilla yogurt if desired and a fresh mint leaf.
Variation: Replace star anise with the seeds from a fresh vanilla bean.