Individual Beef WellingtonsPrint Category Filet mignon and Undercut fillet Thematic No thematic Source presidents choice Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) PC Organics 100% Pure Safflower Oil
- 4 beef tenderloin medallions, each about 4 oz/125 g
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) medium ground PC Sea Salt & Black Peppercorns Grinder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chicken liver pâté
- 1 pkg (450 g) PC Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC Memories of Lyon 4-Peppercorn Sauce
- In large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Place in frying pan; cook 1 minute per side. Transfer to plate, reserving pan and pan drippings. Cool tenderloin to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Blot each tenderloin piece with paper towel to dry. Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) pâté on top of each. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Unroll puff pastry, using parchment paper it was rolled in to line large baking sheet. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into four squares. Set four squares onto parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing evenly. Place a piece of beef, pâté side up, in centre of each pastry square on baking sheet. Brush exposed pastry border with beaten egg. Place another square of puff pastry on top. Using fork, press edges together firmly to seal. Brush sealed pastry packages with beaten egg. Using sharp knife, cut vent in top of each pastry package.
- Bake in centre of oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, return frying pan to stove and add water. Bring to a boil, stirring up browned bits. Cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Add Memories sauce; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve Wellingtons with sauce and, if desired, with herbed carrots.
* chill time=15 minutes; rest time=20 minutes
This sophisticated dish will become an entertaining staple. Buy the best quality beef available, Angus if you can find it.