Oatmeal Scotch ChippersPrint Category Oatmeal Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Golden CRISCO® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 3 (3) large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) JIF® Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 4 1/2 cups (1 L &125 mL) ROBIN HOOD® Oats
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped walnuts
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine shortening, brown sugar and sugar. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs. Add peanut butter. Beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl combine oats and baking soda. Stir into shortening mixture with spoon. Stir in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches (5 cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175ºC). Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely
Makes: 6 dozen