Mexican-Style Tequila ShrimpPrint Category Shrimp Thematic No thematic Source Maxi Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 20 large raw shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (½ cup) tequila
- 1 lime - juice and zest
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- To taste salt and ground pepper
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium intensity. Alternate shrimp with vegetables on skewers. In a bowl, combine tequila, the juice and zest of one lime, garlic, jalapeño pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and vegetable kebabs and marinate for 10 minutes. Grill for 3 minutes on each side. Serve with an avocado tartar.
Chef's Tip: This recipe is just as delicious with scallops, salmon or diced chicken.