Bok choy and toasted peanut saladPrint Category Veggies Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 750 mL (3 cups) quartered baby bok choy, cut lengthwise
- 750 mL (3 cups) coarsely chopped napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, cut in strips
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped (remove stems first, which are very hard)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) rice vinegar
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) Thai red curry paste
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) maple syrup
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) garlic powder
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) ground ginger
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) coarsely chopped toasted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine bok choy, napa cabbage, carrot, red pepper, mushrooms and chopped coriander.
Serves : 6 servings
* To toast peanuts, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add peanuts and sauté for about 1 minute, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
* Variations: Replace toasted peanuts by cashews, sunflower seeds or soy beans. Add tofu cubes for a meal-salad.