Colourful Beef Stir-fryPrint Category Beef cubes Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. (675 g) Red Grill Angus top sirloin steak, beef strips
- 1 stalk celery, julienned
- 3 small carrots, julienned
- 8 oz. (225 g) snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 red and/or yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced or quartered mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Tamari sauce or Irresistibles soya sauce*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef broth*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds to taste
- In a wok or large skillet, heat olive and sesame oils on medium. Sweat onion, garlic and ginger, covered. Add beef strips, a little at a time, and brown for 45 seconds. Add celery and carrots and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas, pepper and mushrooms, and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add tamari sauce and beef broth. Reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Seasons with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
Suggestion: Serve with basmati rice