Tipsy Braised BeefPrint Category Beef cubes Thematic No thematic Source Chef Robert Villeneuve Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- ¾ cup (180 mL) Irresistibles organic canola oil*
- ¾ cup (180 mL) dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) condensed beef broth*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped garlic
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped onion
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles parsley*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles thyme*
- 1 Irresistibles bay leaf*
- Pinch Irresistibles peppercorns*, coarsely ground
- ¼ cup (60 mL) uncooked bacon*, diced
- 2¼ lb. (1 kg) cubed stewing beef
- Braising Liquid
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) flour*
- 2 cups (500 mL) ready-to-use beef broth*
- Blend marinade ingredients together. Add beef cubes and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Drain marinade from beef.
- Lightly brown beef cubes in a casserole or Dutch oven over medium heat. In a bowl, whisk flour and cold beef broth together to prevent lumps.
- Pour over the beef, cover, and pop into the oven for 2 hours. Remove beef to a serving dish. Strain fat from pan juices if necessary. Stir gravy with a whisk. Adjust seasoning.
- Spoon gravy over beef.
Suggestion: Marinating Time: 24 hours