Spicy Maple-Glazed Leg of LambPrint Category Leg of Lamb Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4.5-lb. (2 kg) leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) brown sugar*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup*
- 1 big orange, juice and grated zest
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles ground coriander*
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Irresistibles ground cumin*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Irresistibles ground cinnamon*
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) warm water
- Bone, trim and tie up leg of lamb. Make incisions in lamb and slip sliced garlic into them. In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except water, together. In a roasting pan, place lamb and smear all over with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight, basting meat occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Roast lamb in marinade, uncovered for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F (160°C). Add water and cover meat with foil.
- Roast another 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reads 140°F (60°C). Let lamb stand 10 minutes before carving. Serve with carrots and green and yellow zucchini.
Suggestion: To check when lamb is cooked, use a meat thermometer.
Lamb tastes best when the internal temperature registers 140ºF (60ºC) for medium-rare, or 149ºF (65ºC) for medium.