Marinated Vegetable SaladPrint Category Veggies Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 stalks celery, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubes Canadian Mozzarella cheese or crumbled Canadian Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper (approx.)
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a shallow bowl or container, combine celery, cucumber, cheese, carrots, oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and check seasoning, adding more salt and pepper to taste.
This crunchy, zesty salad is perfect to have on hand to serve with burgers, grilled chicken or a juicy steak. Double the recipe to make sure there are leftovers to pack for lunch
Tips: Tomatoes should never be refrigerated so adding them to the salad just before serving preserves their flavour and texture.
Add 1/4 cup (50 mL) black or green olives with the vegetables, if desired.