Herbed Mushroom GravyPrint Category Mushrooms sauce Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups or 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups or 1 (14.5 oz) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- HEAT shortening in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- WHISK in chicken and beef broths gradually. Add rosemary, sage and salt. Bring to a boil.
- COOK and stir about 3 minutes or until gravy thickens. Add water as needed for desired consistency.