Baking Powder BiscuitsPrint Category Various Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 450°F. COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stirring with fork, add enough milk until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft, moist dough.
- TOSS dough lightly on floured surface until no longer sticky. Roll or press dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
TIPFOOD PROCESSOR DIRECTIONS: In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Process with 5 on/off pulses to mix. Add shortening to flour mixture. Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk; process with on/off pulses just until ball starts to form. On lightly floured surface, roll or press dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Continue as directed above.