Country Chicken ChowderPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz.) canPET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups frozen diced hash browns
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3 strips crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat.
- ADD bay leaf, hash browns, mixed vegetables, chicken, green onions and dill. Simmer until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf. Stir in bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
6 to 8 servings