Frosted Orange Chiffon CakePrint Category Orange and Nectarine Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- Crisco® Flour No-Stick Spray
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury SOFTASILK® Cake Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice plus more as needed
- BEAT egg whites with 1/3 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and glossy but not stiff. Transfer to another bowl.
- COMBINE cake flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add orange peel, orange juice, milk, oil and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bottom and sides of bowl often. Fold egg whites into batter until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- HEAT oven to 350º F. Spray two 8-inch round cake pans with flour no-stick cooking spray. BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched lightly and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely
- BEAT powdered sugar, shortening and orange peel in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add orange juice gradually, beating until desired consistency. Add more juice as needed.
- PLACE one cake layer top side down onto serving dish. Spread top of with frosting. Top with second layer. Frost sides and top of cake