Raspberry Rice PuddingPrint Category Rice/Tapioca Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) long grain converted rice
- 3 cups (750 mL) 2% milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) fresh or unsweetened frozen raspberries
- Bring water to a boil. Add the rice, cover and cook 20 minutes over low heat. Stir in milk, granulated sugar, vanilla and nutmeg, then bring to a boil. Stir well, cover and cook 30 minutes over low heat. Stir gently every 10 minutes.
- Pour rice into a bowl, cover and refrigerate to cool. Before serving, put raspberries and icing sugar in a small pan and cook gently 4 to 5 minutes.
- Crush raspberries with a fork to lightly purée. Spoon well-chilled pudding into dessert cups and top with raspberries. Serve immediately.
Suggestion: Well-chilled, this pudding is a refreshing, nutritive snack