Orange DonutsPrint Category Donuts traditional Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) butter*
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 eggs*
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) powdered mace or nutmeg
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) baking powder*
- 1 pinch table salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% M.F. milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) zest of orange
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) white vanilla extract
- In the mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix until the consistency of cream cheese. Fold in flour, mace, baking powder and salt. Mix again.
- In another bowl, mix milk, zest of orange and vanilla extract. Fold into first mixture. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and let stand in the refrigerator 4 hours.
- Fill deep-fryer to one third with oil. Heat oil to 375°F / 190°C. Roll dough 1/3 in. (1cm) thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a smooth oiled donut cutter.
- Immerse donuts in hot oil. When donuts rise to the surface, turn and cook until golden. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
Servings: 24 donuts
Fry only a few donuts at a time to keep oil hot.