Carrot-Fruit BreadPrint Category Carrots Thematic No thematic Source Soeur Angèle Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour*
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) baking soda*
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) Irresistibles cinnamon*
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) applesauce
- 2 Irresistibles eggs*
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- 1/3 cup (125 mL) crushed pineapple*drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix sugar, oil and applesauce.
- Gradually whisk the apple mixture into the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs and stir into the batter. Add the carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured cake pan (9 inch-23 cm). Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C). Bake 40 minutes.
Servings: 6 - 8
Cool and top with whipped cream or cream cheese icing. Garnish with chopped pecans